Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
This document formally and legally outlines our Terms and Conditions, however, our utmost priority is to have satisfied customers, so please do not hesitate to contact us directly should you encounter any issues.
Please take a moment to review these Terms and Conditions, as use and/or purchase of products from Modern Style Outdoor Furniture constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by them.
All prices on our website are in NZ dollars (NZD) and include GST. Availability, prices, and delivery rates are subject to change. A 3% credit card surcharge applies.
We make every effort to display the most current and accurate product information. All the products available on our website have received our seal of approval, ensuring their exceptional quality, comfort, and style. However, due to the nature of the items sold and the variations of computer screens, we do not guarantee that product descriptions or other content of this site is complete, current, or error-free. If you would like to see a particular item of furniture in one of our warehouse showrooms, we recommend getting in touch with them before you visit to confirm it is on display or available to view.
Modern Style Outdoor Furniture Warranty
Modern Style Outdoor Furniture is very confident about the quality of the goods we provide. At all times, your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act apply. We offer a further warranty on furniture sold by Modern Style Outdoor Furniture as specified below. This warranty covers outdoor furniture sold by Modern Style Outdoor Furniture and made with materials including but not limited to teak, powder-coated aluminium, and HDPE rattan. We guarantee our products to be free of defects in material and workmanship for the warranty periods outlined. The warranty only applies where the goods are used for domestic use. Warranties are not transferable and are limited to the original purchaser with proof of purchase. Our warranty is not applicable to clearance, seconds and heavily discounted items sold “as is”.
The following warranties apply:
- 5-year Limited Warranty – Sunbrella Fabric
- 5-year Warranty – Aluminium Frames
- 3-year Warranty – Powder Coating
- 3-year Warranty – FSC Teak
- 5-year Warranty – Rino HDPE Rattan (note – stock purchased before 2021 has a 3-year warranty)
- 3-year Warranty – Synthetic Rattan Colourfastness
- 3-year Warranty – LIFE All Weather Fabric
- 2-year Warranty – Quick Dry Foam
- 2-year Warranty – Polyester Rope
- 2-year Warranty – Covers
- 1-year Warranty – Ooni Pizza Ovens (or 5-year if the product is registered with Ooni NZ)
To claim repairs or parts under warranty, please email us at [email protected] with the invoice and any relevant photos.
Sunbrella Fabric 5-Year Limited Warranty
Sunbrella® fabric has a guarantee that is the best in the industry; a 5-year limited warranty (to supply replacement of the fabric only) for upholstery fabrics. This warranty protects against Sunbrella fabric becoming unserviceable due to colour or strength loss from normal usage and exposure conditions, including sunlight, mildew, and atmospheric chemicals. This warranty does not cover normal care and cleaning or damage from misuse or abuse. Sunbrella fabric requires regular cleaning. Please ensure you follow our care and maintenance guide for this warranty to apply.
We 100% stand behind our products. Modern Style Outdoor Furniture warrants to the original purchaser that our furniture and its components are free of defects in material and workmanship. If you find a defect in material or workmanship, we will, at our option, repair or replace the defective components at no cost to you. If you receive an item that is defective, please contact us immediately upon receipt of the goods so we may exchange the item for its exact replacement. Items damaged in transit need to be reported to us upon receipt of delivery. We recommend that you open/unpack all furniture within 2 days of delivery. If damage has occurred, please keep all boxes/packing material so they can be used if a return is needed. Please take photos of the damaged product and packaging for claims purposes. Items damaged by you are non-returnable. We do not replace items damaged by the consumer; however, we are available to help and repair your product if repairable.
Modern Style Outdoor Furniture reserves the right to repair or replace any piece that is covered under the terms of this warranty. Repair or replacement may involve Modern Style Outdoor Furniture providing parts directly to our customer where applicable and, at our expense, we will supply any replacement parts in cases where the customer can easily make the repair. In no event shall Modern Style Outdoor Furniture be liable for incidental or consequential damages resulting from the use of the product. The warranty does not cover defects or damage caused by:
- Improper assembly
- Modifications after purchase
- Intentional damage, accident, misuse, abuse, or negligence
- Failure caused by lack of appropriate care and maintenance
- Prolonged exposure to high saline environments without regular maintenance
- Normal wear and tear which includes weathering and checking
- Damage that was a direct effect of weather-related conditions
- Product fading is an inevitable part of outdoor furniture use in New Zealand conditions and therefore we do not make any guarantees regarding colour-fastness other than specifically mentioned.
Risk of damage to, or loss of the Goods, passes to the customer upon delivery. The supplier shall not be liable whatsoever for any loss or damage to the Goods that is caused by the customer or any third party. The customer acknowledges that Goods supplied may:
- exhibit variations in texture, shade, colour, surface, finish, markings, veining, and contain natural fissures and occlusions, and may fade or change colour over time. Whilst the supplier will make every effort to match sales samples to the finished Goods (or match batches of product supplied) to minimise this occurrence, the supplier accepts no liability whatsoever where such variations occur.
- expand, contract or distort as a result of exposure to heat, cold, weather; and
- mark or stain if exposed to certain substances (for example, sunscreen); and
- be damaged or disfigured by impact or scratching.
Timber is a hygroscopic material subject to expansion and contraction; therefore, the supplier will accept no responsibility for any gaps that may appear during prolonged dry periods.
We accept returns or exchanges on merchandise deemed to have a manufacturer defect. This does not include a change of mind. All items returned or exchanged must be in original, unused condition. The purchaser assumes responsibility for all shipping costs related to the repair/replacement of goods under warranty, however, Modern Style Outdoor Furniture may elect to pay shipping costs at our discretion.
The customer shall inspect the Goods on delivery and shall within two days of delivery, notify the supplier of any alleged defect, shortage in quantity, damage, or failure to comply with the description or quote. The customer shall afford the supplier an opportunity to inspect the Goods if the customer believes the Goods are defective in any way. If the Customer does not comply with these provisions, the Goods are presumed to be free from defect or damage. For defective Goods, the supplier’s liability is limited to either (at the supplier’s discretion) replacing the Goods or repairing the Goods. Goods are returned in the condition in which they were delivered and with all packaging material, brochures, and instruction material in as-new condition.
- “Defects” are defined as imperfections that impair the use of your furniture.
- Our warranty does not apply to any cases of normal wear and tear of the furniture.
- Normal wear and tear are defined as “the normal deterioration caused by regular use of the furniture”.
- “Checking” or cracking of the teak wood is a normal and natural occurrence that should be expected.
- The warranty does not extend to the natural patina of the teak wood or any other discolouration.
Be able to show:
- the product defect/damage has occurred because of faulty products or workmanship.
- the product has been used for its intended purpose.
- the product has been maintained as per our outdoor furniture care and maintenance guide.
- they are the original purchaser.
- the claim is within the warranty period as set for this product.
Copyright and Trademarks
All content contained on our website, such as text, logos, images, video clips, and digital downloads, is the property of Modern Style Outdoor Furniture or its content suppliers.
The trademarks of Modern Style Outdoor Furniture may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Modern Style Outdoor Furniture, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Modern Style Outdoor Furniture. All other trademarks not owned by Modern Style Outdoor Furniture, or its subsidiaries are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Modern Style Outdoor Furniture.
Terms and Conditions Subject to Change
Modern Style Outdoor Furniture reserves the right to update or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice.
Visit One of Our Showrooms Across New Zealand
Check out your nearest Modern Style outdoor furniture showroom today!
We understand investing in outdoor furniture requires careful consideration, which is why our showrooms have display models for you to experience firsthand. Whether you’re seeking stylish outdoor chairs, luxurious sun loungers, comfortable sofas, or elegant dining furniture, rest assured, we have your needs covered.
Our showrooms are in Rosedale, Auckland; Te Rapa, Hamilton; Tauriko, Tauranga; and Riccarton, Christchurch. Our friendly and helpful team is here to help you find the perfect setting for your space.